Pages

PROJECT 3 - LIGHT

LIGHT PROPOSAL

My proposal is to show the effect of light on transparent objects. I want to be able to show how light can transform the shadows of transparent objects, and what is created by the interaction of these objects and light.

I'm going to do this by taking photos of transparent objects (that hold liquid such as perfume bottles) in sun lit settings

Thursday 7 April 2011

RESEARCH

PAUL FUSCO


BRAZIL. - BRAZIL. Amazonas. Leticia. The Amazon river. 1966. - Amazon (river), Amazonas, Bathing (leisure), Boy - 3 to 13 years, Cloud, Dive, Exterior, Group of people, Jump, Movement, Reflection (image), Riverbank, Running, Swimsuit (all)

I find this image of Paul Fusco's interesting because I think it captures a moment in time.. It is interesting how he has frozen this moment in time, showing what happens while in mid air.


ANDRE KERTESZ



Andre Kertesz' images are interesting because of the way they are taken. His use of close ups or a low camera angle ( first image) creates a focus on the hands in each of the images. This is interesting because the focus on the hands creates a story about the character in the photograph. For example in the second image I feel that the close up and frame work is portraying that the character of the hand is a dominant character.


I find this photo most intriguing because I think it shows viewers a lot about the character in the image by just focusing on the hands. I think that Andre wanted to show this character as being knowledgeable ( hence the reading glasses). The use of a close up in enables us to tell that this man is middle aged by his hands, so you could imagine that he has experienced 'life'.  I think that with Andre's use of a close up he is portraying the idea that Hands can tell us a lot about a person.

AZIZ AND CUCHER
- Dystopia series




I think that what Aziz and Cucher where trying to show through their dystopia series is the similarities between people when they have no defining features such as their eyes or mouth. I think that this series can also show growth in a way that when you grow your features change with the progression in time.


PAUL STRAND
I find these three images (below) that  Paul Strand has taken interesting because in each of them he captures the story behind the hands.


  In this first image he shows the busyness of hands. I think this image shows the viewer the elegance and tantalising delicacy that hands are capable of. This is shown because of the position of the hands.  


I find this image interesting even though its not a close up image of the child's hands. I still feel like Paul is trying to draw attention to how the positioning of hands can give the impression of an emotion. (The child looks upset). 
  

I like this image because it captures time through the close up of this lady's hands. I find it interesting because it shows her age and with it the growth that she has been through. I think the close up also portrays her hands as being delicate and fragile at this time.


No comments:

Post a Comment